List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] eclasses v3 released
From:       "Bart Verwilst" <bart.verwilst () pandora ! be>
Date:       2001-10-01 12:11:02

> If on the other hand, drobbins' argument is against Dan seemingly
> recruiting any and all, or newcomers to Gentoo, then I understand it a bit
> more. While I still think Dan should be entitled to recruit the help of
> any of the other Gentoo developers, Dan should perhaps have handled things
> a bit differently and required that Verwilst sent the eclass-based ebuilds
> directly to himself instead checking it into CVS.

First of all, Dan didn't 'recruite' me, drobbins did, and i'm trying to do
the
best i can for Gentoo, i really love the distro, otherwise i wouldn't want
to become
a developer on it.
Secondly, i sent all the eclass-based ebuild to Dan for his approval, I
never submitted
them myself using cvs. I have (or at least i had, hope i still have it) a
non-eclass kdevelop
ebuild... I can replace that with the eclass-based one if you want...

Bye

Bart