List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] eclasses v3 released
From:       Daniel Robbins <drobbins () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-10-01 9:35:02

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 03:12:15PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> m?n 2001-10-01 klockan 04.41 skrev Dan Armak:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Anyone who's working on the eclasses: I have just released a new and
> > considerably different version. Please read howto.* and news.txt in
> > /usr/portage/eclass/doc for details. In short, the kde-* eclasses have been
> > redesigned to inherit from one another.
> >
> > I hope no one is yet deep enough into the mess to mind large changes.
> > Verwilst - my apologies :-)
>
> IMHO, no one else _should_ be deep into this (if not for helping Dan on
> the KDE ebuilds/eclasses). This is a very cool feature but I think we
> should wait until it's been fully tested on the KDE-stuff before
> starting to use it all over the place.

I agree, and I think it needs to be repeated that only Dan Armak should be
writing these kinds of ebuilds.  They are only for prototyping purposes and
should *not* be emulated by others.  Dan Armak, please remember this or we
will kill the project.

--
Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@gentoo.org>
Chief Architect/President			http://www.gentoo.org