List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Koffice problem...
From:       Dan Armak <danarmak () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-09-30 11:24:01

Hi,

I encountered this problem and applied a fix yesterday evening. Namely, I
applied the patch we used for betas of koffice-1.1 to the final version and
it helped. Make sure you were using the final version.

BTW, I was thinking on contacting the kofice team with this patch, but i
don't really understand it. It's about our python dependig on some
non-standard lib, and koffice which links against python needs to be patched
to link against this lib as well. Achim wrote the patch. Any takers? It'd be
nice to submit them bug report. In fact the koffice configure script
recognizes the problem and says "please let us know", it doesn't abort though.

--

Dan Armak
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team