List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Daemons and ip-up scripts
From:       Mikael Hallendal <hallski () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-09-27 2:55:01

tor 2001-09-27 klockan 10.25 skrev Viktor Lakics:

> Dear All,

Hi!

> 1. How can I add a daemon to the system to be run at startup? Something like
> postfix or procmail? What daemons are running by default in RC5?

You use the rc-update script to change which daemons to start at
boot-time.

rc-update list gives you a list of available scripts.

procmail isn't run as a daemon though, it's executed by postfix on
delivery.

> 2. What directory is used for starting scripts automatically when ppp is
> started? (Is it /etc/ppp/ip-up.local?)

Can't help you here, someone else has to do that. Sorry,

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--

Mikael Hallendal
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader