List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] creating a local mirror for multi installs
From:       Daniel Robbins <drobbins () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-08-31 15:15:02

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 02:12:57PM -0700, mlewis@burly.com wrote:
> Hi!  I'd like to setup a local rsync mirror for installing gentoo on
> multiple machines without sucking up the public mirrors bandwidth. Should
> I copy the structure of ibiblio verbatim, or do I just need
> gentoo-sources?

With the new Portage 1.6.3, you only need the gentoo-sources.  Get your
mirroring script going, and then set up a web browser so that the sources
can be found at:

http://foo.bar.com/gentoo/distfiles

Then, add this line to the appropriate make.conf files:

GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://foo.bar.com/gentoo"

Note that GENTOO_MIRRORS must specify an ftp or http mirror.  rsync is
not supported.

Best Regards,

--
Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@gentoo.org>