List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] When will rc6 be ready?
From:       Daniel Robbins <drobbins () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-08-30 10:10:01

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 04:39:58PM +0200, Djamil ESSAISSI wrote:

> So if/when i decide to upgrade to rc6 (which i dont really need right now
> 'cause everything works well ...) will it be possible to somehow "upgrade" or
> will i have to redo it all ?  1000's thanx.

It should be possible to upgrade, but it will require specific instructions.
Once rc6 is solid (a few weeks after the full release), I'll get people working
on testing rc5->rc6 upgrades so that we can get a solid set of instructions.

Best Regards,

--
Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@gentoo.org>
Chief Architect/President			http://www.gentoo.org