List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] List of rc5 problems and questions
From:       "Bruce A. Locke" <blocke () shivan ! org>
Date:       2001-06-28 16:13:02

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 22:12:38 +0200
AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger) wrote:

> > > 4. The XMMS portage doesn't install xmms.xpm.
> >

> /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps/xmms.xpm

Doh... I saw a copy of it left under xmms's /tmp/portages directory and
didn't see it under /opt/gnome where the xmms executable was installed...
It seems odd to have xmms installed to /opt/gnome and have files as part
of the package floating around /usr... Is there a gentoo specific file
system structure standard?

> > > 15. The gnome 1.4 virtual package didn't seem to install nautilus
> > >
> gnome-1.4-r1 has an runtime dependencie for nautilus, did you try that
> version?

I installed gnome via the on cd packages during the installation process.
I only saw one version of the gnome package though to be honest I didn't
spend much time looking around the directory :)

> We have an old version of gtk-xemacs which must be updated.

Ok... was about to ask if that ebuild was hosed. :)  I noticed that it
seems to be the only xemacs package... I'll have to try building it...
I've never attempted to perpare an ebuild before so I doubt I'll be able
to beat a package as big as xemacs into a useable state on my first try :)