List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge system fails on perl 5.6.1
From:       AGottinger () t-online ! de (Achim Gottinger)
Date:       2001-05-29 7:46:02

Thorsten Fischer wrote:

> Hi list.
>
> I am trying to do a build install of gentoo linux for my toshiba notebook,
> running a celeron, thus I am cross-compiling for i686. Building machine is
> an athlon thunderbird.
>
> file used is build-ix86-20010524.tbz2, bootstrap file is
> bootstrap-20010516.packages (with defaults). /etc/make.conf had qt and
> kde removed, added python, perl, guile, tex, vorbis, ogg, ungif and
> gtkhtml.

Hi Torsten,

Most of the commented out USE variables are currently in development and
might not work, as u can see. :-)

I think removing kde and qt is save.
Adding python,guile and tex should work too.
vorbis and ogg are currently not used.
ungif is not tested.
gtkhtml currently produces a broken gnome-core help-browser.

I will remove the build of a shared libperl if USE perl is set for now,
it should work for all packages beside dev-lang/entity, which requires a
shared libperl.

> making perl fails while building static DynaLoader:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory
> '/tmp/portage/perl-5.6.1/work/perl-5.6.1/ext/DynnaLoader'
> ../../makeperl: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared
> object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [../../lib/.exists] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> '/tmp/portage/perl-5.6.1/work/perl-5.6.1/ext/DynaLoader'
> make: *** [lib/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a] Error 2
>
> Any ideas? I compiled perl a number of times before and I remember
> having these things built as dynamic.

The problem is that we install to a temporary dir first, that's why the
shared-lib does not get found during the installation, I think.

bye achim~