List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] MAJOR: All metalab/ibiblio services to be unavailable Saturday
From:       <drobbins () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-03-21 10:37:01

----- Forwarded message from Jonathan Magid <jem@metalab.unc.edu> -----

To: "MetaLab Contributors" <webgroup@franklin.oit.unc.edu>
cc: <its_changes@unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:25:19 -0500 (EST)
From: Jonathan Magid <jem@metalab.unc.edu>

All metalab/ibiblio services will be unavailable on Saturday, March 24.
helios, the machine that provides FTP, WWW, and NFS services to the
ibiblio cluster is being upgraded to a IBM Netfinity running Redhat Linux.
While we're transferring files and services, all access will be disabled.
Downtime should begin around 10:30am and continue until we're done.

If this presents an insurmountable problem to you, please contact me ASAP.

thanks,
jem.

---
You are currently subscribed to webgroup as: [drobbins@metalab.unc.edu]