List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-cvs mailing list
From:       <drobbins () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-03-20 13:21:02

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 04:49:53PM +0100, Philippe Namias wrote:

> Nop it doesn't work for me, isubscribed to the list with this address
> (pn@novadeck.net) but didn't get any response why i made change to the CVS
> Any idea?

Yes; I had to turn the automatic cvs emails off because they were causing
some problems.  Based on my experiences with cvs, the automatic email thing
is a real hack and works very poorly in practice.  We may need to rethink
our approach to the CVS mailing list; possibly we can use an enhanced version
of our existing ChangeLog and some scripts.

--
Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@gentoo.org>
President/CEO					http://www.gentoo.org