List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] kernel 2.4.0.11-r3
From:       <drobbins () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-01-27 11:37:01

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 07:03:53PM +0100, Achim Gottinger wrote:

> Another notable change is that this kernel includes Neil Browns and Chris
> Masons patches for nfs/reiserfs. They are of beta quality but we now can use
> gentoo-linux as an nfs-server. :-)

Another thing I forgot to mention (I *knew* there was something else) is that
this new kernel also requires that you install the latest version of
sys-apps/reiserfs-utils.  The reiserfs-utils are no longer included with the
kernel sources, so this package is required (you'll notice that I added it
as a runtime dependency for the linux and linux-sources packages).  Thanks
to Achim for his work on this kernel as well as the reiserfs-utils package.

Best Regards,

--
Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@gentoo.org>
President/CEO					http://www.gentoo.org