List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] web site redesign
From:       <drobbins () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-01-26 17:57:02

Hi all,

We're long overdue for a website redesign -- in addition to some new graphics,
here's what I have in mind.  We need to set up our web mirrors (Europe and US).
In addition, I'd like to create several unique components to the site.  The
most important addition I'd like to make is the creation of "Doc Central" --
this section will include Gentoo Linux- specific documentation as well as links
to other documentation online (such as my IBM articles).

A couple of people volunteered earlier to help with the web site.  I'd be
interested in using Zope, since we currently use a lot of python.  We also need
a new layout, so please feel free to send some samples my way.

Also, if anyone knows how to remove a project from SourceForge, please let me know.
I need to remove our stuff from there.  As far as I can tell, there's no way to do
this.  I emailed the Sourceforge sysadmin about a month ago to see if he could point
me in the right direction, but I never got a response back.

Best Regards,

--
Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@gentoo.org>
President/CEO					http://www.gentoo.org