List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: multilib, slot conflicts, and the sun going down
From:       Brent Busby <brent () keycorner ! org>
Date:       2015-07-04 13:18:17

Michael Palimaka <kensington@gentoo.org> writes:

> On 04/07/15 09:25, Brent Busby wrote:
>> Since the introduction of ABI_X86 and 32-bit libraries all over the
>> place, I've seen lots of slot conflicts and unresolvables with the
>> kde-sunset packages.  Has anyone else seen this when updating?  Is it
>> time to finally say guten Nacht to the sunset overlay?
>
> Can you please paste the errors? I'm happy to try to fix specific issues.

I've already removed as many kde-sunset packages as was needed to make
the update proceed, so I can no longer reproduce the errors.  Most of
the effect of it was that it couldn't find packages in kde-apps/ because
kde-sunset still has them in kde-base/.  I'm finding that I don't really
need the overlay too much anymore though, so I've been trimming it away
over time.

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky