List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Re: ktp-text-ui not starting
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2012-06-18 6:58:10

Yohan Pereira posted on Sun, 17 Jun 2012 20:59:22 +0530 as excerpted:

> If you use an IM client you should try out the current stable version of
> kde telepathy its cool albeit not fully cooked.

Heh, I'm not an IM/IRC kind of guy.  I strongly prefer the async nature
of newsgroups and email, where I can take two hours composing a detailed
reply if I want, a week or whatever later if I want, and not have to
worry about the other end waiting.

So I don't install any of that sort of stuff.  If I want instant, I use
my (VoIP based) phone.

Yeah, I know that doesn't work so well with the "millenial generation",
but as I'm in my mid-40s I'm young enough to appreciate email, but I
guess not young enough to appreciate IM/IRC.