List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] System problems
From:       Dale <rdalek1967 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-23 17:53:16

Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> Thanks.  Jorge Vicetto noted that having CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2 set
> in the kernel config is a major no-no with recent versions of udev, and
> will screw up device creation.  This kernel config setting was indeed
> set, which may well have accounted for this particular incarnation of
> the problem.  Roman Zilka noted that the 2.6.29 kernel I was using when
> this happens has known issues and isn't even in the Gentoo portage tree
> anymore.  So thanks to Roman and Jorge I have a 2.6.36 kernel built
> (without the problem setting) which I'll try when I get a moment.  Being
> a day late and a dollar short at the moment I'm a bit short on round
> tuits :-)

You doing the same as me?  I'm spreading mulch in my garden with the
tractor.  I need a bigger tractor, a front end loader or a nice size
dozer.  My mulch pile is the size of a house and I'm having to push as
far as 200' with a little 25hp tractor with a bucket.  I'm glad it is
4WD tho.  I would have been stuck long ago.  lol

Let us know if you get it fixed.

Dale

:-)  :-)