List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Re: KDE and GTK themes
From:       Nikos Chantziaras <realnc () arcor ! de>
Date:       2011-01-22 0:09:38

On 10/15/2010 03:15 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 10/15/2010 02:56 PM, Coert Waagmeester wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> How can I get a nice theme on firefox (and other gnome gtk apps) when I
>> use KDE?
>>
>> I have installed the gtk qtcurve package.
>
> Also install kde-misc/kcm_gtk. This will give you a new configuration
> option in System Settings (either in "Application Appearance" or in
> "Lost and Found" if you're on KDE 4.5.2) where you can configure Gtk.
>
> In order to configure QtCurve itself though, you will also have to
> install x11-themes/qtcurve-qt4, and switch KDE from Oxygen to that,
> configure it (this also configures the Gtk version) and then switch back
> to Oxygen (the Gtk configuration of QtCurve will be kept.)

Oxygen has now been ported mostly correctly to Gtk and is in portage.
Simply emerge "x11-themes/oxygen-gtk" and select "oxygen-gtk" System
Settings (if you have kde-misc/kcm_gtk installed).  The good thing about
this is that it's not "just a theme" with static pixmaps and colors, but
actually honors the Oxygen settings from KDE.

This is GIMP running with it:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2n7eazr.png