List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Split desktop profile patches & news item for review
From:       Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2010-03-04 14:52:50

Hello
I have managed to split the desktop profile to gnome and kde submenus. The
result can be found in kde-crazy overlay (not in layman) [1]
I splitted every desktop/ folder i found. The following issues raised though:
1) I didn't touch the hardened and selinux directories although they do
contain a desktop folder. Should I proceed in those or not?
2) Some mips/ subdirs don't point to targets/, so I guess the split went to
/dev/null. So I asked ssuominen who suggested to skip the mips directories,
and I reverted. (Edit: ssuominen just committed changes in mips profiles in
tree).
3) There were no desktop dirs for bsd/prefix etc.
4) Also take a look at how I splitted the USE flags (with ssuominen's and
yngwin's suggestions) and propose your corrections plz. For example, I don't
really like the firefox flag in kde, and I'd suggest a -firefox (ugly, I know) in
kde's make.defaults

Please Please Please Please Please TEST / REVIEW (especially the arch teams
plz)

I'll give three days max for the suggestions here etc, and then I'll proceed
in creating the news item. So I guess it will be committed in a week max.
Thanks

[1] http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/kde-crazy.git;a=summary
--
Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)