List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Splitting desktop profile
From:       <sebastian () darkmetatron ! de>
Date:       2009-10-26 21:16:50

Am 26.10.2009 21:40, schrieb Maciej Mrozowski:

> And I fail to see *any* point in forcing users to learn Gentoo internals (sic!
> like USE flags).

USE flags are one of the key aspects of Gentoo. Users must know how to
use them and how to handle them. Gentoo isn't for mainstream users. User
who need and want a system that takes all the ugly little learning
things from them should use Ubuntu or any other "Windows-like
distribution".

Greetings

Sebastian