List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop]  Re: Qt 4.5.2 changes
From:       Markos Chandras <hwoarang () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2009-06-28 0:10:41

> On 06/28/2009 12:29 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
> > Another thing that changed is that we dropped the custom-cxxflags
> > useflag. After a long period of testing we haven't come across any
> > problems with "advanced" cxxflags in Qt 4.5, so now we always let the Qt
> > modules be built with the user- specified flags. As this is an eclass
> > level change, this means also users of the stable branch will see this
> > change. An emerge --newuse world will trigger a recompile of Qt, but this
> > means you will get better optimizations.
>
> Thanks to everyone involved.
>
> I notice though that CXXFLAGS are duplicated.  This was always that way
> though, for years, but it's a bit annoying.  I suppose there's nothing
> that can be done about it?
>
> (Example, when compiling something that has to do with Qt here, the
> command is:
>
> /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.3.3/g++ -c -mtune=core2 -march=core2
> -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fno-exceptions -mtune=core2 -march=core2
> -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe
>
> There's no point in having everything doubled :P)

Interesting

Haven't noticed it

This may come from

    sed -e "s:QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE.*=.*:QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE=${CFLAGS}:" \
        -e "s:QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE.*=.*:QMAKE_CXXFLAGS_RELEASE=${CXXFLAGS}:"
\

or something

Open a bug if you like so the rest of qt herd will be informed about this :)
--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sunrise/Sound]