List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] python.org and ipv6
From:       Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo () fmp ! com>
Date:       2009-05-16 18:25:05

On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 14:15 +1000, Tom Fifield wrote:
> I see an MTU of 1280 to www.python.org at my end - ipv6 tun device on my
> router is set to this, so I think it can deal with the 1500 MTU on my
> local machine's interface. Nice spotting :)

I set the MTU on the LAN IF of my desktop system to 1400, down from 1500
and everything worked OK.  The LAN IF of my router is set to 1500 and
the sit1 v6->v4 IF has an MTU of 1280.  The tunnel broker may not be
doing MTU discovery, or something else may be wonky.  If it works, don't
fix it :-)

I've seen a similar problem on VPN tunnels using UDP packets.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "It is better to bite  |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services | a single cannibal than |      available at