List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop]  Thanks, KDE devs, both Gentoo and upstream =:^)
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2009-01-26 15:37:13

I read jmbsvicetto's KDE 4.2 planet entry [1] today and just wanted to
say thanks in advance.

Today (the 26th) is my birthday, so 4.2 is kind of a birthday present.
To date I've stuck with 3.5.10 (tho I have 4.1.x merged) because the 4.x
series just wasn't working for me (khotkeys, multi-monitors, etc).
Everything I read points to 4.2 as changing that, and I hope it does, tho
I know there'll be a LOT of work ahead of me customizing and making it
fit my unique power-user ideas of what I think my UI should look and act
like, as I have so effectively done with KDE3 over the years.

Hopefully I like my birthday present, and seeing that the ebuilds are
ready to go in a timely manner so it doesn't become a belated one is
nice!  Thanks for (unknowingly, but hey, I'll take it!) doing your part
to make my birthday present a good one! =:^)

I'm looking forward to being able to unmerge most of KDE3 after I've had
a chance to recustomize at least the roughest stuff on KDE4, keeping only
kdelibs3 and kcontrol, etc, so the not yet ported k3b and kaffeine, etc,
continue to work.

[1] http://blogs.gentoo.org/jmbsvicetto/2009/01/25/kde-4-2