List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] Printing disabled in Evolution
From:       Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo () fmp ! com>
Date:       2008-12-31 6:02:42

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 23:50 -0600, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> I'm running the Evolution groupware stuff in Gnome on a Gentoo-based
> desktop box.  I have several printers available, both locally and on the
> network, managed by CUPS, however Evolution refuses to use them,
> apparently by configuration or design.  When I try to print, the "Print"
> button is greyed and disabled.  All printers are listed in the printer
> listing, but the only selection I can make in this list which will
> enable the Print button is "Print to File".
>
> Any ideas?

When I run Evolution from a CLI, I get the following message when I try
to select one of the printers in the printing dialog:

** (evolution:18664): WARNING **: NOT IMPLEMENTED: We need to prompt for \
authorization in a non blocking manner

I have exactly the same version of Evolution (2.22.3.1) running on my
laptop (running Ubuntu) and it has no problem with printing.

I'm not sure if I should file a bug on this or not, since there seems to
be some (misguided!) intention behind it.

--
Lindsay Haisley       |  "The voice of dissent  |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services | was arrested before the |      available at