List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop]  Re: udev rules question
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2008-04-29 11:37:34

Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@fmp.com> posted
1209427899.16574.91.camel@vishnu.fmp.com, excerpted below, on  Mon, 28 Apr
2008 19:11:39 -0500:

> That is worrysome.  People who are hurt, are incapacitated or who pass
> away, just drop offline without a word.  I've seen this before.  I've
> gotten crosswise of Jakub on the bugs database and he runs it as a
> pretty tight ship, but it's obvious that he does a _great_ deal of
> absolutely necessary work and by and large does a fine job.

See, that's the thing.  There was an event some months ago when he
"retired" for a few days, and Gentoo was able to carry on, but it wasn't
without pain, and there was some noise to it.  There was also great
rejoicing when he returned -- I do think he needed the break as he seemed
a bit less brittle on his return, and I KNOW everybody else was very
relieved that he returned.

But this time he just dropped off the face of the Internet, from what the
postings said.  That's really not like him, and others had already posted
their worry by the time I read about it.

Hopefully, it's something simple like that he suffered hardware problems
and just couldn't login until he got them fixed!  Certainly rather that
than the unspeakable possibilities I'm sure are running thru many
people's minds currently.