List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Hal 5.10 upgrade shows partition on Desktop?
From:       Ben Leggett <algosystem () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-07 18:31:27

Hi All,

I just upgraded to hal-5.10, and when I log in, one of my hard drive
partitions shows up on the Gnome desktop as a removable drive. I mount
this partition manually in fstab at boot, and I don't want it on my
desktop.

Here's my fstab for reference:
/dev/hda1        /home         jfs      noatime            0       2
/dev/hda2        /             jfs      noatime             0       1
/dev/hda3	/hda3	       jfs	noatime             0       2
/dev/hda5	none	       swap	sw	            0       0
none	        /proc	       proc	defaults	    0       0
none		/dev/shm	tmpfs	nodev,nosuid,noexec 0       0

What's odd is that only this partition shows up on my desktop. I've also
got /home on a separate partition, but that doesn't show. I don't want
to disable "show removable drives" in GConf, as that disables USB thumb
drives and such.

I was under the impression that hal ignored stuff in fstab. How can I
convince it that this partition isn't a removable drive? It this a bug,
or a new "feature" in hal-5.10?

Thanks,

Ben Leggett
--

"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
                -- Karl Lehenbauer

I try to uphold the ideals that I was taught to value as an American,
but every year I get less and less help from the United States.
                                                              --R.M. Stallman