List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] Disabling accessibility packages
From:       Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo () fmp ! com>
Date:       2006-07-21 20:41:01

Thus spake John N. Laliberte on Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 02:47:05PM CDT
> On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 02:19:33PM -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> > It looks as if there are memory management issues in at-spi-1.7.7-r1 and I'm
> > temporarily masking this package and the libgail package which depends on it so
> > that I can manage these emerges manually.  Are there any potential problems
> > (other than the fact that accessibility features won't work) in doing this?
>
> Also remove the accessibility use flag from your use flags.  That way
> libgail-gnome will not be pulled back in with packages such as glade (
> or other packages such as the gnome metas )
>
> Nothing should break other than:
> dasher, gnopernicus, gnome-mag, at-poke, gok
>
> if you have those installed.
> ( you may want to uninstall them now )

Thanks.  I don't have the accessibility USE flag set, nor do I have (or need)
these utils installed.

The only thing I get is a minor complaint from Gnome at startup about
accessibility stuff not being enabled.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Fighting against human |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |    creativity is like   |      available at