List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] Evolution crash question
From:       "John N. Laliberte" <allanonjl () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2006-07-19 1:48:22

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 08:36:43PM -0500, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> After a major system upgrade, evolution is now freezing on startup with the
> following messages:
>
> $ evolution mail
> Bonobo accessibility support initialized
> GTK Accessibility Module initialized
> CalDAV Eplugin starting up ...
>
> (evolution-2.6:11126): camel-WARNING **: camel_exception_get_id called with
> NULL parameter.
> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xbfe175b0 ***
>

> I had problems with evolution freezing/crashing, reporting calls to free() on
> an invalid pointer before, and upgraded from evo 2.4 to 2.6 a few weeks ago
> when the latter was still ~x86.  2.6 worked OK before the system upgrade, but
> it's now behaving like v2.4 did, at least it is when invoked from a KDE Konsole
> window (gnome is down at the moment).
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1.  Does anyone know how to fix the problem and make evolution-2.6.2 run, or
>     have any suggestions of things I might try?

> Lindsay Haisley       | "Fighting against human |     PGP public key

Hi Lindsay,

Is it possible for you to join #gentoo-desktop on freenode?  My nick is
AllanonJL and I can probably help you solve most of your problems.  ( I
work on the GNOME stuff for Gentoo )

I'm around from 9AM until usually 10PM EST, so you can probably catch me
sometime in that timeframe.  If I am not around, someone else can
probably help you.

If not, we will try and help you through the mailing-list.

Thanks!
-John (AllanonJL)