List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop]  Re: Digest of gentoo-desktop@gentoo.org issue 44 (416-418)
From:       "Duncan" <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2006-05-17 12:12:26

"Cory Grunden" <cory.grunden@gmail.com> posted
177b81ff0605160923w5c17dd05od828fe871f529f54@mail.gmail.com, excerpted
below, on  Tue, 16 May 2006 11:23:49 -0500:

> Are ati-drivers working with 7.1 now without kernel panics?

The OSS native xorg ati drivers, yes, at least on amd64 using a Radeon 9200
series card, kernel 2.6.17-rc series (now -rc4), and compiling with
gcc-4.1.0.

If you are asking about the ATI slaveryware drivers, I can't say, as I
won't run them.  (That's why I'm running a Radeon 9200 series card, too,
since xorg has full support for them.)