List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop]  Re: Desktop project lead nominations
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2006-03-30 12:51:40

J.A. posted <442BCDAB.7080908@ISPMONSTERS.COM>, excerpted below,  on Thu,
30 Mar 2006 04:23:07 -0800:

> Can you provide a link(s) to where there
> is a description of what  gentoo desktop
> is and where it is going with it.
>
> I believe that the gentoo desktop will be
> in 3d rather than 2d if someone can modify
> a zlib/libpng based 3d engine such as
> provided by ---
> http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/ to run a
> 2d widget set like ---
> http://www.fox-toolkit.org/goals.html for
> the manipulation of text.

From that request, I'm not sure if you are familiar with Gentoo, the Linux
and alternatives metadistribution, or not, altho how you got on the list
if not is an interesting question.  Here's a general link for  Gentoo:

http://gentoo.org

For the desktop project of the Gentoo org, and a list of the subprojects
such as X, KDE, Gnome, games, video, sound, etc, with links to them:

http://gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/index.xml