List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] PHP 4.4 - Sablotron problem
From:       Adam Shelley <ashelley () inlandkwpp ! com>
Date:       2005-08-17 23:05:57

Taka John Brunkhorst wrote:
> this wont be much help but how about installing sablotron 0.96?
> I know its nonsense but sometimes having exact same version of package
> u told to install can be solution

Just to follow up, I was able to get it working however I am not sure
what exactly ended up making it work.

I masked sablotron 1.0.1 and 1.0 which allowed me to install 0.97.  This
ended up with the same result as I initially reported.  It could not
install PHP due to sablotron not being > 0.96.

I ended up getting frustrated and doing an

emerge --emptytree system

then i unmasked sablotron-1.0.1 and emerged that,

then i emerged libxslt (for no other reason other than that is what I did)

then i emerged world

and everything seems to be working.  I have no clue as to why it didn't
initially work.

Thanks for the suggestion,

-Adam