List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] gnomy
From:       Adi <adriancapdefier () digifin ! ro>
Date:       2005-05-05 18:58:46

Hi.
Installing gnome reminds me of trying to get my ati video card to work right:
1) I installed gnome and got it working, but when I tried to go back into KDE
I noticed it really messed up the KDE menu. Not only did it add the gnome
entries (good), it also moved some entries around (bad) and removed some
entries (nasty). Also, for some reason, right-clicking on the K-menu and
editing the menu does not work anymore (though launching kmenuedit works).
Anyone knows how I can get my old menu back? I assume gnome must be creating
some files somewhere and kde is using that instead of its default menu.
2) Does Totem have "double buffering" for internet play? I tried to listen to
online radio but it has little "pops" in the sound. I noticed amarok buffers
the stream twice (same for winamp), so I guess this must be the difference. I
tried setting audio buffers to 600 (from the default 250) but that didn't do
much. Also STFW-ing for "double buffer totem" just got me a whole lot of
video results, but nothing for audio.

--
Adi