List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Evolution and ldap
From:       Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo () fmp ! com>
Date:       2005-02-24 5:56:03

I'm running Evolution 2.0.2.  I had played around with LDAP support in
Evolution some time ago (The YoLinux demo and other stuff) but when I went
back tonight to revisit the issue I found that LDAP support in Evolution
seems to be disabled.  In the "New Address Book" dialog, the Type list box
shows only "On This Computer", and the Server Information and Authentication
entry fields are all greyed and disabled.

Does this have something to do with LDAP licensing?  I note that ldapbrowser
is masked "while licensing is sorted out"

Or am I missing something else altogether?

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Fighting against human |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |    creativity is like   |      available at