List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] unable to open display
From:       "Alexei Shilin" <shilin_rassylki () lts ! ru>
Date:       2005-01-06 11:15:25

> Please note that this is not a secure way to use X progs from a remote
> host you're connected to via SSH. SSH has its own forwarding of X
> sockets (so, no TCP involved, all tunneled by SSH). To use SSH
> forwarding, do:
>
> ssh -X user@host

Thanks to all! It worked both ways -
1. I turned off -nolisten tcp
2. I turned on X11 forwarding in /etc/ssh/ssh_config.

Needless to say I finally chose the second option.

My wife will be happy, I will stop bugging her because I can do almost any \
administrative and debugging work on the desktop without physically taking a seat at \
her computer :)

--
Alexei Shilin
Gentoo