List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] webcam
From:       Chris Wensink <chris.wensink () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-06 3:54:59

Most usb devices should work pretty much without a driver.  Do a tail
-f /var/log/messages, then watch for a line that looks for mounted
device /dev/hda.... or /dev/sda ... or /dev/something, then try
mounting it to that volume.  You also may want to try getting a linux
program to use it with, such as karamba-webcam

Do an 'emerge search webcam' or or camera, or something to look for a
decent program.  You could also search through program lists in
/usr/portage, etc

Hope that helps

Chris