List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] gnome metapackage
From:       matthew.east () breathe ! com
Date:       2004-12-23 10:21:30

Hi there,

I have just installed the "gnome" package, and 169 packages were installed
(including dependencies).

However I was concerned to find out that packages that I would consider
fairly important to a gnome installation (gdm, gnome-audio, rhythmbox,
xscreensaver) were not installed.

I am reasonably new to gentoo, but I attempted to use the USE flags
appropriately.

Can someone tell me what considerations are taken into account when deciding
to include/exclude dependencies in this way?

Thanks, Matt