List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Evolution 2.0.2 trashing my vfolders.xml file!!
From:       Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo () fmp ! com>
Date:       2004-12-02 23:05:59

Several times now, since installing evolution 2.0.2, I've gotten complaints
from the program about old (1.4.x) version files in my personal config and
been asked a number of questions about what to do with them.  I've allowed
evolution to upgrade and overwrite the old files, and in all cases there's
been Big Trouble.  Twice evolution has doubled all the addresses in my
contact list forcing me to go in and delete all the duplicates.  Worse yet,
evolution has twice nuked my extensive vfolders.xml file which I've had to
rebuild at a _considerable_ expense of time.

Is this a bug?  Or is there something I can do to insure that this won't
happen again?  This is unacceptable and if it continues I'm going to have to
Book for my contact list.

This seems to happen periodically - not every time I start evolution, nor
every time I restart the box, but every couple of weeks or so.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Fighting against human |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |    creativity is like   |      available at