List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Re: Does anyone have this KDE Copy bug ? (smb:// copy resume - does not work)
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2004-08-27 12:36:45

Alex Stark posted <153681458.20040826154130@yandex.ru>, excerpted below,
on Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:41:30 +0300:

>  I open network shares via smb:// and start copying a file
[]
>  In my case, prior to KDE 3.2.3 it worked well! But now (KDE 3.2.3 and
>  even the latest 3.2.3-1) it seemes to be broken

Can't answer the SAMBA stuff as I don't use it, but the latest KDE is KDE
3.3.0, not the 3.2.3-1 you mentioned.  They fixed several thousand bugs, I
believe I read, so it might be worth checking out to see if yours has been
fixed as well.  (3.3.0 is stable from KDE.  However, I'm not sure if
Gentoo has marked it stable yet.  I'm running ~amd64, and have had it
installed as well as RC2 b4 that and the beta b4 that.)

Benjamin Franklin