List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] KDE Konsole and ctrl+C
From:       "Chris Barker" <Chris.Barker () noaa ! gov>
Date:       2004-07-09 19:26:18

Hi all,

I've got some strange behavior with ctrl+C and the KDE Konsole.

I often run Python in Konsole, and once in a while want to interrupt the
process. When I press ctrl+C, one of two tings happens:

1) Python gets a keyboard interrupt, and all is well

2) Konsole is killed, which is NOT what I want. To make things worse,
Python is left running in the background, and I have to go kill it by
hand. This is particularly a problem is it is stuck in an infinite loop,
for instance!

When I start it normally all works well (version (1) ), but when I start
it from konqueror, with the menu item: Tools: Open Terminal it doesn't
work, ctrl-C kills the whole konsole every time (version (2) ).

Does anyone have any ideas? this is really annoying, as I start it from
Konqueror most of the time.

Thanks, -Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov