List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Fonts In Aterm/Terminal Size
From:       "John Lowell" <johnlowell () ameritech ! net>
Date:       2004-06-15 19:02:51

I'm running fluxbox with aterm and have been flummoxed by one problem =
regarding fonts and terminal size repeatedly. Last night I amended =
~/.Xdefaults to add a particular lucida font, the same one I use in =
/usr/share/fluxbox/styles/mystyle and for the display in my system =
monitor application. As soon as this font is added - and its a =
relatively small one - the dimensions of the aterm terminal window are =
altered radically, so radically, in fact, that they go off the screen. =
Is there some way of controlling this "dimensioning", if you will, to =
prevent this kind of exaggerated resizing. Can it be done in fluxbox or =
in aterm or is the relatonship between font and terminal dimensions so =
fixed that font choice is always proscribed in some way?

jlowell