List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] Gnome 2.6, Nautilus and "Add Network Place"
From:       Adrian CAPDEFIER <adriancapdefier () digifin ! ro>
Date:       2004-06-07 10:57:19

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 00:15, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> The new nautilus UI for Gnome 2.6 puts a "Computer" icon on my desktop with
> several icons ("objects") in it.  All of these appear to work properly
> except for the "Network" object.  Opening this object opens another window
> which, after a pause of a couple of seconds, displays an object titled
> "Windows Network".   This object, when clicked, opens a blank window.

I have the same problem. I'm using kde at the moment (which also
developed a nasty crashy issue when accessing host names rather than
ip's: it crashes when i acces smb://roz.digifin/ but it works fine when
i access smb://10.10.10.2/). Anyway if you solve that problem with Gnome
I'll be switching to it, but for now I'm staying with kde.