List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] German Menu Texts for Gnome Desktop
From:       Marcos =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gonz=E1lez?= Troyas <mgtroyas () telecable ! es>
Date:       2004-05-19 18:25:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I added the next lines /etc/profile to get spanish support globally:

# Spanish language
export LANG=es_ES@euro
export LC_ALL=es_ES@euro
export LANGUAGE=es_ES@euro

I suppose you only have to put de_DE instead of es_ES.

I also think there is a way to enable this support in a per-user basis,
adding those lines in a .profile file under your home directory.