List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] /mnt/cdrom and fam
From:       Spider <spider () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-12-27 12:49:24

okay,
   seems that we have the wonderful world of hacks on our hands.

running gnome + fam (started by /etc/init.d/famd )  and mounting a
cdrom, then copying a file from there and closing nautilus will prettily
hang the cdrom and lock it from use.

unpleasant.

This could probably be avoided  by running famd through xinetd, with a
10 second timeout value or so.

What would be even better would be to make fam simply ignore /mnt/cdrom
(if that is possible) ....

This is one of those annoyance cases where I'd want something solved
(pretty soon even ;)  since its actually affecting users.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!