List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] windowmanager recommendations ??
From:       Bryan Traywick <mufasio () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-12-19 0:21:36

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 18:38, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> Thus spake Iain Buchanan on Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 05:50:26AM CST
> > On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 13:43, b stephen harding wrote:
> > > pekwm
> >
> > I _love_ that desktop menu> scripts> procinfo thing.  Is that available
> > for any other wm or only pekwm?
>
> Is there a config utility for pekwm, or is all config done with flat files?
> I note that a lot of themes were loaded when I compiled it, but there's no
> config utility to select them, nor does the middle mouse button do anything
> on title bars or the desktop.  Pekwm is supposed to have advanced stuff like
> grouping of multiple windows in a single frame, but the man page doesn't
> describe this, there's no GUI interface for it, and I haven't had time to go
> to their website yet ;-)  Otherwise it looks simple and attractive.

No, there isn't a config utility for pekwm. All the config files are
just flat files in ~/.pekwm/. I haven't taken a look at the man page in
a long time but the documentation
(http://pekwm.org/documentation/index.php) does a good job of describing
how to configure it to your liking. Also, I would recommend using cvs
instead of v.0.1.3, it has a lot of new features that aren't in 0.1.3
and has been perfectly stable on my box.

--
Bryan Traywick <mufasio@comcast.net>