List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] windowmanager recommendations ??
From:       Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo () fmp ! com>
Date:       2003-12-17 2:15:59

I'm tired of having to retrieve my toolbars in gnome from under a stack of
windows and am considering trying a window manager other than sawfish, which
I like very much otherwise, except that it doesn't seem to be fully gnome
aware.  I've tried enlightenment and it's too frilly and full of stuff
that's hard to read, and I like simple, clean window borders, menus, etc.  I
use the Mac-like AquaX border for a bunch of windows, and the Crux frame
style is also a favorite.  Metacity is nice and clean, but doesn't have
flexibility of sawfish.  I need:

* Fully gnome aware

* A good selection of simple, attractive, frame styles w. easy to read
  titles.

* Virtual desktops

* Plain-jane menus that look like gnome default menus (no baloony or scrolly
  looking stuff!)

* VERY configurable

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I don't mind trying several.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      available at