List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] howto use 2.6 livecd kernel config to compile
From:       Eric A Muehlstein <ericmuehlstein () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-11-25 8:31:46

Thankyou for all of your suggestions, the solution to this problem was
posted by Tom Wesley tawesley@yahoo.com shortly after I got the question
posted to the proper list.

Tom Suggested the folloing:

use
# zcat /proc/config.gz > .config

the 2.6 config is gzipped

--
Tom Wesley

These commands worked perfectly; I'm running 2.6 and not looking back.

:)