List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] alsa sound and 2.6 test9-mm2
From:       Robert Cole <robert.cole () support4linux ! com>
Date:       2003-11-20 1:53:58

I using a 2.6 kernel for the first time and trying to get sound working on it.
I had sound working under 2.4 with alsa emerged but now I can't see to get it
working under the 2.6 kernel.

I can't find anything in the forums or gentoo docs about configuring sound and
2.6. Do I need to emerge any of the alsa utils like I use to? If so do I
emerge everything except the alsa-driver since that's in the kernel?

Thanks!