List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-desktop] how to make kde log out reboot & turn-off options work?
From:       Renat Golubchyk <ragermany () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-10-06 10:14:19

Hi!

On Monday 06 October 2003 03:07, Gregory P. Smith wrote:
> The logout confirmation dialog for KDE gives me Reboot and Turn Off
> options in addition to the normal Login as a different user option.
> No matter which option I select all it ever does it log me out and
> restart kdm.
>
> any idea how to make the turn-off and reboot options work?

In "Control Center -> System Administration -> Login Manager" select the
"Sessions" tab and set the appropriate options. I have set "Allow Shutdown
Console = Everybody" and "Allow Shutdown Remote = Only root". The commands
are "halt command = /sbin/halt" and "reboot command = /sbin/reboot".

Alternatively check out your /usr/kde/3.1/share/config/kdm/kdmrc and look at
the "Shutdown" section and "Core" sections. There is a "Core" section for
every $DISPLAY, e.g. [X-:*-Core], [X-:0-Core], etc. The "[X-:*-Core]" section
is for local displays, i.e. what you need. Change the "AllowShutdown=" line
to whatever you like (possible options are "None", "Root", and "All").

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Renat