List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Re: Mozilla Font Replacement
From:       dave ! <ag051379 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-09-15 23:05:29

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:08:03 -0400, Ryan wrote:

> I just discovered that the source (or at least one of them) of my bad
> font  problems in Mozilla is a bad "Courier" font that gets used by
> default. Any one have any suggestions on how I can force Mozilla to use
> the "Courier New" font instead of "Courier"? (my "Courier New" font is
> 100% better than "Courier"). Should I just delete "Courier" off my
> system (would rather not do this)?

Try adding this to /etc/fonts/local.conf

<match target="pattern">
  <test name="family">
    <string>Courier</string>
  </test>
  <edit name="family" mode="prepend" binding="strong">
    <string>Courier New</string>
  </edit>
</match>

It will mean that you wont be able to select plain Courier in any app
which takes font info from fontconfig (gtk2/kde3).