List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Magicdev/automounting CD's when inserted
From:       Ben Hirsch <benh () usa ! net>
Date:       2003-08-30 14:09:30

I'm fairly new to gentoo, so please be gentle. Under other
distributions, there is an option in Gnome's Desktop Preferences to have
inserted CD's automatically mounted. The option is not present in the
Gnome I am using from portage. I believe the component is called
Magicdev, but I can not find any mention of it in portage. Does anyone
know how to get this functionality in Gnome under Gentoo?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben