List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Fonts in KDE
From:       Jon Ellis <jon.ellis () libertydistribution ! com>
Date:       2003-08-14 16:48:02

Hello all,

I am not too familiar with KDE (I'm a GNOME person ;-)), but I have been
playing around with it a little lately.  I am having a problem with the
fonts that is driving me mad!  For some reason all of my fonts appear
larger than they should.  For example, my application font size in KDE
is 6pt, and in GNOME I use 10pt in the same font.  The sizes appear
almost exactly the same.   When I launch GTK apps in KDE, the fonts are
so big that they are hardly usable.  They also appear too big in
Karamba.  In every Karamba theme that I have used, all of the fonts
overlap and are completely unreadable.  I have tried changing the
settings in /etc/X11/fs/config but that doesn't seem to do anything.  I
don't really know how KDE manages fonts so I am probably looking in the
wrong place.  Any help would be appreciated!  TIA.

--
Jon Ellis <jon.ellis@libertydistribution.com>
Software Developer