List:       gentoo-desktop
Subject:    [gentoo-desktop] Re: crossover office question
From:       James Marsh <james () snoopy ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-05-10 14:14:10

* Robert Cole <robert.cole@support4linux.com> [09-May-2003 23:14]:
> I figured I'd ask this here first in case it's a gentoo specific
> prob/tweak needed.
>
> When I tried to install Office 2000 Pro it went perfect on the
> install but I couldn't find any of the exe's on the hard drive at
> all. The assocs wouldn't install either. I keep getting a error
> executing /opt/cxoffice/bin/wineshelllink mkdir: cannot create
> directory `//Windows Applications/Program... etc etc etc`
> /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxmenu: line 524: //Windows
> Applications/Programs/<insert the app here>.desktop: no such file or
> directory.
>
> The wine apps in the /opt/cxoffice directory do exist and seem to
> have correct permissions and all.
>
> I heard a while back that someone running gentoo has been able to get
> cxoffice to work. Does anyone know what the trick is? If any?

I use crossover on gentoo with no problems, although I've never
bothered with menus/icons. This might help though:

http://support.codeweavers.com/viewticket.php?ticket_id=9651

Try typing in a shell:

    /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --cx-app winword

It should run word. You can create links that run applications
automatically by doing:

    ln -s /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine /usr/local/bin/winword

etc.

If the link above doesn't solve the problem, the crossover guys are
really helpful and will be able to solve the problem with your
install. Mail office-support@crossover.codeweavers.com.

Regards,
James